3.18.2010

Sewing: Olivia's First Dress

Here is the dress I worked on yesterday. I used a pattern from sewingpatterns.com and printed it out on my printer. That was the most challenging part, having to piece them all together. I dont know if I will do that again! Buying a pattern would be easier. I bought the fabric from Hobby Lobby(my fav craft store). They have really good collections there, so its easy to find matching colors.
The pattern was fairly easy to use once it was all together. The dress would have not taken that long to make had it not been lined. But, the lining really makes it look better! The green bow is just tied around it right now, until I can attach it. The best part is this dress only cost around 6.00 to make with the fabric, so now that I have the pattern I can make her a bunch of them! 
Here are a few more photos:
The Back

The lining

Bow

I am making another this week/weekend, whichever comes first. :) Having a newborn only allows me so much time. Usually while she naps. Will post my other dress then!

No comments:

Post a Comment